Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:11   #19201
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knooby View Post
hates rats... (is probably scared of rats)
You and me both. In fact i'd say i have a phobia of any kind of rodent I can pick any spider or insect up and put it outside with my bare hands, but can't even look at a picture of a rodent. Or dog poop for that matter... phobia number 2.....
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:13   #19202
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Or dog poop for that matter... phobia number 2.....
This site is nothing but a bunch of weirdos...

(no offence)
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:14   #19203
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

As much as phobias are awful I always find it so interesting knowing what people's phobias are ad how they effect their everyday lives...it's funny how omethign I can find totally normal is another person's nightmare
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:20   #19204
AndyK
Relentless

Scrabble has a phobia of his own poop ... as soon as he does one he runs like mad to get as far away from it as possible ... mind you, having cleared up after him for hte last 8 years I'm not really surprised!!
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:21   #19205
Deb
Mega Loafer

Dog pooh and Rodents affect my daily life majorly.

My poor kids have grown up to walk looking down. They've had many pairs of shows thrown away because of it. If I even see it outside I have to fumigate the house lol. If there's dogs pooh anywhere in my street or anywhere on the way to Jakes school I have to clear it up and not just pick it up I have disinfect and hose it and thats just the hsort version of how much it affects me and my family lol. We used to have this drunk a few doors down, who's dog shite outside my house regularly for yrs. I about lost it in the end. One day I complained for the zillionth time, I told him I dont let me kids do it on your dooorstep don't let your dog do it on mine, and the drunken bum told me he didn't have a dog. So next time I scooped it up and put it through his letterbox Don't think I ever saw the poop or the dog again.

I can't walk out the door in the dark without stamping my feet so if there was a rodent anywhere it'd run away lol.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:22   #19206
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Scrabble had us believing he had a fear of bridges...until one day he was having so much fun that he forgot and trotted his way back across the same bridge that we'd had to carry him over half an hour previous!
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:24   #19207
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Scrabble had us believing he had a fear of bridges...until one day he was having so much fun that he forgot and trotted his way back across the same bridge that we'd had to carry him over half an hour previous!
Thats my only other phobia lol, bridges / heights. When Lee went out after passing his test he rang me to say he understood now lol, he'd gone to drive over one and froze Hope I didn't give him the phobia
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:24   #19208
AndyK
Relentless

I've just had a flashback to nearly being pushed into the traffic in a busy Toronto Street because of something you'd seen on the pavement Deb. So I understand completely. Sadly for every 10 responsible dog owners there is one irresponsible one ...
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:25   #19209
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Dog pooh and Rodents affect my daily life majorly.

My poor kids have grown up to walk looking down. They've had many pairs of shows thrown away because of it. If I even see it outside I have to fumigate the house lol. If there's dogs pooh anywhere in my street or anywhere on the way to Jakes school I have to clear it up and not just pick it up I have disinfect and hose it and thats just the hsort version of how much it affects me and my family lol. We used to have this drunk a few doors down, who's dog shite outside my house regularly for yrs. I about lost it in the end. One day I complained for the zillionth time, I told him I dont let me kids do it on your dooorstep don't let your dog do it on mine, and the drunken bum told me he didn't have a dog. So next time I scooped it up and put it through his letterbox Don't think I ever saw the poop or the dog again.

I can't walk out the door in the dark without stamping my feet so if there was a rodent anywhere it'd run away lol.
It's an odd thing isn't it...

I had a phobia that affected me so badly I ended up having psychotherapy forit, best thing I ever did, it still bothers me but I used to rule every moment that I was awake around things I as scared of.

Not sure my spider fear is quite at phobia status yet, it's pretty bad though, killed that one last night and I felt faint afterwards because my heart was going so fast having seen it!
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:25   #19210
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
I've just had a flashback to nearly being pushed into the traffic in a busy Toronto Street because of something you'd seen on the pavement Deb. So I understand completely. Sadly for every 10 responsible dog owners there is one irresponsible one ...
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:25   #19211
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Thats my only other phobia lol, bridges / heights.
Now you tell me! Did that start before or after Vegas?
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:26   #19212
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Thats my only other phobia lol, bridges / heights. When Lee went out after passing his test he rang me to say he understood now lol, he'd gone to drive over one and froze Hope I didn't give him the phobia
The problem with that Deb is that when you're scared of the bridge you're on your slow down to stay safe...and going that slow in the middle lane isn't safe, is it Deb...didn't think I was going to make it into Wales alive!
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:26   #19213
Deb
Mega Loafer

So come on Luce, what was the phobia
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:27   #19214
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
The problem with that Deb is that when you're scared of the bridge you're on your slow down to stay safe...and going that slow in the middle lane isn't safe, is it Deb...didn't think I was going to make it into Wales alive!
Oh I forgot you'd witnessed that lololololol - ooooops
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:27   #19215
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
...didn't think I was going to make it into Wales alive!
Most don't think they'll make it out of Wales alive
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:29   #19216
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
So come on Luce, what was the phobia
It was/is a phobia of feeling and being sick, Emetaphobia I think it's called, and it's something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Quote:
Oh I forgot you'd witnessed that lololololol - ooooops
Yep I was there, and I think if you look closely you'll find Helen's finernail embedded in your back seats!
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:29   #19217
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

I hate bridges too i've walked miles to a subway rather than walk over a foot bridge going over traffic!!
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:33   #19218
Deb
Mega Loafer

I can sympathise with that one Luce, I wouldn't say I have a phobia but i'd do absolutely anything to avoid being sick. After 63 months of my life being pregnant and being sick almost everyday all day for that time, i'm now boarding on phobic of it. So much so I wont mix my drinks cause I know i'll pukey lol.

How did they cure you? and do you like it now then lol
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:38   #19219
RadioMaster
The German

man, you leave the house for a few hours and the whole site goes mad and panics about poop! lol
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:39   #19220
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

They didn't "cure" me, but with a phobia comes anxiety, so they had to retrain my brain to relax to the level that a baby does, and then re-learn how I view things...

It still botheres me and it'll always bother me but compared to what I was I'm a different person...the things I used to do to avoid feeling sick, being sick and avoiding anyone who felt sick were unreal, my therapist honestly thought I was winding him up at times. And that's one of the many reasons I don't want kids! My mum's only got me and she was only ill once through her entire pregnancy, but I know people who suffered terribly and that's a risk I will not take.
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:42   #19221
Deb
Mega Loafer

Only sick once through the whole 9 months I drew the frigging short straw lol
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:43   #19222
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Yeah, as pregnancies go my Mum didn't suffer at all with me, only discomfort was birth...and the last almost 22 years
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:43   #19223
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCat View Post
I hate bridges too i've walked miles to a subway rather than walk over a foot bridge going over traffic!!
I'm not that bad lol, i'll walk it, but i really don't like it. Drivings another matter though Funnily enough planes don't bother me at all. But I would rather die than walk over one of them rope bridge thingys. You know like on i'm a celeb get me out of here
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:46   #19224
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

I love flying but getting on the plane is the worst bit especially if its steps up i get all wobbly but i'm fine at 30000ft!!
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:47   #19225
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

You wanna be glad you weren't with me on my first flight when I felt ill when we went to Ireland in June! Andy deserves a medal for that journey he honestly does...on the return flight I had him moving all the "bags" that they put with each seat so i couldn't see or hear them!