Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 11 Jun 2009, 21:49   #176
RadioMaster
The German

between Meat being bored and not knowing what to do, and every single line in this vids being scripted
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:00   #177
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
between Meat being bored and not knowing what to do, and every single line in this vids being scripted
I honestly don't know about being bored and not knowing what to do...plus it is sort of a paradox...not knowing what to do and every line scripted...if every line is scripted then you do know what to do...except when you forget the lines and teleprompter is broken...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:02   #178
RadioMaster
The German

that's exactly what I said lol

One opinion is that he's bought and doesnt know what to do
Another opinio is that this is a publicity strike and every single line is scripted
I think it's somewhere between....get it?
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:05   #179
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
that's exactly what I said lol

One opinion is that he's bought and doesnt know what to do
Another opinio is that this is a publicity strike and every single line is scripted
I think it's somewhere between....get it?
What happened to your vocabulary????

Yeah, I get it...dunno about scripted lines but this is definitely publicity...
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:23   #180
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Why does it have to be classed as 'publicity' if a celebrity posts?

There's quite a few people on here who have blogs of one form or another (twitter, myspace etc) who post a lot of shit daily, there's no reason why Meat can't do the same without it having to be classed as publicity surely.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:35   #181
RadioMaster
The German

because incidently this video blog started with the first day of recording the new album.

(that said, I dont think it's a bad thing, I just think it's good to be aware that this is done mostly for publicity reasons)
Old 11 Jun 2009, 22:41   #182
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
because incidently this video blog started with the first day of recording the new album.

(that said, I dont think it's a bad thing, I just think it's good to be aware that this is done mostly for publicity reasons)
Yeah, I am of the same opinion...
Old 11 Jun 2009, 23:01   #183
snowy
Super Loafer

In the last vid- is it my imagination or does that 'creation' infront of the pot with his sauce in look like the 'tuna surprise' Meat made with Gordon Ramsey last year?

I think it is the crushed crisps on top that caught my eye.

(Watches while everyone goes back to have a look at the vid again!!)
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2009, 23:07   #184
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!
Talking

It is !!

If you have read Joe's update then it is confirmed LOL

Quote:
Joe Libretti

Ready to sit down to Meat Loaf's Tuna-Surprise at the Cavallo home:)
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 01:28   #185
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
is it my imagination or does that 'creation' infront of the pot with his sauce in look like the 'tuna surprise' Meat made with Gordon Ramsey last year?
He announced "surprises", didn't he?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 02:18   #186
Pudding

Quote:

If it was purely for publicity reasons then there'd be more substance in the video's and information posted on the twitter site. The majority of Meat fans are going to buy the album regardless, any new fans aren't going to get turned on from the video's, therefor the whole notion that it's purely for publicity doesn't work with me.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 03:09   #187
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Exactly. I don't see it any more than Meat just having fun, like when Kasim used to post his "backstage" videos when they were on tour.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 03:46   #188
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!
Talking

Well OK seems to be a technical fault but you get sound at the end of it !!!

Meat's hurt

And in the studio NOT the kitchen !!

In the studio
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 04:03   #189
Pudding

Sorry Meatgril, just got my update from Mr.RSSRobot, I guess you're sacked for being too slow.

I like the intro Meat played, hope to God it isn't part of Los Angeloser as I might have to eat my own words
Old 12 Jun 2009, 08:39   #190
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
I like the intro Meat played, ...
Me too!
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 09:33   #191
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
If it was purely for publicity reasons then there'd be more substance in the video's and information posted on the twitter site. The majority of Meat fans are going to buy the album regardless, any new fans aren't going to get turned on from the video's, therefor the whole notion that it's purely for publicity doesn't work with me.
not neccessarily. (I spelt that wrong, didnt I?)
If they really were to put a lot of substancial info in these videos, they could hardly cover one week, without giving away everything. At the moment he's posting about two vids a day, and at that rate you cant really put more info in. Besides this is a video blog, not a documentary, so it's purpose is not to inform, it's to give an impression of the recording process.
And besides, I said this is done for publicity reasons, not for marketing reasons. That's a difference. If it was for marketing, they'd try to enlarge the group of possible album buyers, while these videos only help his image.
He might win a lot of twitter freaks over as fans by this, or at least people who were casual fans/interested in his music so far. So theyd stay faithful, look for updates and might consider to buy the album.
Let's face it: 99% of people who know there's a new album coming out are either on this site, or on twitter.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 14:19   #192
mszee
Mega Loafer

And another pro for publicity is that this is definitely NOT him twittering...it even said on one entry that it's his assistant. In any event, whoever is doing it doesn't know the first thing about internet...the format in which this all is coming out would have been so much better served on facebook fanpage in my opinion
Old 12 Jun 2009, 14:35   #193
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
And another pro for publicity is that this is definitely NOT him twittering...it even said on one entry that it's his assistant. In any event, whoever is doing it doesn't know the first thing about internet...the format in which this all is coming out would have been so much better served on facebook fanpage in my opinion
Wtf?

I completely disagree as I believe facebook fanpages are not viewable for people who don't have a facebook account. Why in God's name would you restrict yourself to a specific logged in audience. Twitter is the best tool for this job currently if you can't use a website imo.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 14:44   #194
mszee
Mega Loafer

That was my opinion...primary purpose of Twitter ain't posting videos as twits...
Old 12 Jun 2009, 14:49   #195
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Wtf?

I completely disagree as I believe facebook fanpages are not viewable for people who don't have a facebook account. Why in God's name would you restrict yourself to a specific logged in audience. Twitter is the best tool for this job currently if you can't use a website imo.
What I think she means, and I agree, is that the general idea of twitter is to post short text messages to keep twiterees informed as to what the twittererererer is doing. If I twitted it'd be things like "Had a crap. Wonder why sweetcorn doesn't get digested" and similarly exciting posts, so it's fortunate I don't bother. It's even more fortunate that I don't post videos of such exciting happenings ...

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 14:55   #196
AndrewG

That roxanne has set up a youtube account though with all the videos. It is just not as easy to stay up to date with that as it is with Twitter imo. But yeah Twitter doesn't allow embedded videos. It may do at some stage I guess.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 15:03   #197
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Dunno how easy it is to keep up with new tweets (is that what they're called?), but you can easily follow a youtube account by using an RSS feed. Then any new videos will soon result in a new item in your RSS client. Once set up it looks after itself.

Dave
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 15:04   #198
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
That roxanne has set up a youtube account though with all the videos. It is just not as easy to stay up to date with that as it is with Twitter imo. But yeah Twitter doesn't allow embedded videos. It may do at some stage I guess.
You got it now...where you can do a lot more on Facebook fan page...and reach a whole lot more people...celebrities on Twitter either themselves or through others post updates/news in their lives for fans...videos and promotional stuff is usually posted on facebook or ILike...
Old 12 Jun 2009, 15:30   #199
evil nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
That was my opinion...primary purpose of Twitter ain't posting videos as twits...
Twitter is the aloe vera of the internet: you can apply it any way you want too, and if it doesn't help, at least it sounds kinda interesting.

The primary purpose of Twitter is whatever the user wants it to be, provided it can be executed in 140 characters or less. If someone wants to tweet links to videos, that is just as valid a purpose as tweeting about what you are doing.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2009, 15:35   #200
mszee
Mega Loafer

I don't disagree with what you're saying...I just think that Twitter should compliment facebook or/and ILike rather than being primary source of video links posting...it just there is something that tells me that whoever is in charge isn't very internet savvy...that's all...