|
|
#51 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 26.11.2005
Location:
Posts: 1,530
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
If I could bust into hell....... I would
![]() Join Date: 13.06.2003
Location:
Posts: 1,314
|
This is down to BBC, not Meat, they never usually show live material on SCD, only live singing is the regular performers, and even then sometimes it's music played off a backing track, but this was a chance for Meat to promote his single, and it went well.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
![]() Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:
Posts: 5,532
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 20.04.2003
Posts: 13,041
|
Quote:
Orson Wells terrorized nearly a nation ( won't say which... i like listening to radio ... err.. and especially MEAT on radio... (back to topic i swing.. lol...) ... t... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
If I could bust into hell....... I would
![]() Join Date: 13.06.2003
Location:
Posts: 1,314
|
Sorry, but anyone who has featured on here, it's mimed, my girlfriend has me watchin this every week, I am with her, so I think I know on this one. I have not seen as yet, a live peformance on SCD, when a artist has appeared, so I don't think a difference will be made for Meat really. And why would anybody be making excuses, it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good, but if the BBC say it's gonna be Meat singing over a track, it's there way, and i think Meat would be happy with that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Rock Star
![]() Join Date: 09.05.2005
Location:
Posts: 2,928
|
Mick Hucknall didn't mime when he was on it last year.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Super Loafer
![]() Join Date: 09.07.2003
Location:
Posts: 996
|
I'll never understand some of you...
Why can't you just be happy, that Meat & Marion were on the show.. period.. and enjoy watching them, wether they were singing "live" or not. J. |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Super Loafer
![]() Join Date: 06.11.2005
Location: England UK
Posts: 708
|
I was very happy to see Meat get a chance to promote the song and I don't agree that it was mimed at all. It was clearly pre-recorded because straight after the performance Meat and the band completely dissappeared from the dance floor!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
The German
![]() Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:
Posts: 15,778
|
miming in such shows is mostly due to the fact that the producers dont want to take the risk of ruining the song through some bad notes or forgotten lyrics....stupid, I know
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
friend
![]() Join Date: 14.04.2002
Location:
Posts: 1,788
|
Quote:
All the complainer here are strange, I think! It was a very nice performance - really enjoyable for the fans!! Thanks to Dave for posting the clip here so soon. Eva |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#61 | |
|
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
![]() Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:
Posts: 5,532
|
Quote:
But like I said earlier: We don't know who it's down to, seems people are quick to make excuses when excuses don't need to be made. It was promo for the single and album and that's all there is to it. Pud |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#62 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 26.04.2003
Location: Did I say that?...
Posts: 4,162
|
Quote:
It wasn't prerecorded. That show defintely went out live last night and you can clearly see the audience. It's pretty obvious it's mimed and like others have said it happens a lot here. It's no reflection on Meat whatsoever. Nearly every tv show i've seen Meat on / at in the uk over the yrs has been the same. Just enjoy it for what it is everyone Deb |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#63 | |
|
The German
![]() Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:
Posts: 15,778
|
Quote:
The stragest thing I´ve ever seen was Avril Lavigne on TOTP, she said she´d just come to the show if she can sing live, and she did, but didnt hit one single note. So I guess both, miming and singing got good and bad sides, we as fans want to hear him sing live, but the general audience just wants to see somebody perform a song there and if they like the song they´ll buy it. It´s far different to miming on a concert which really should never happen (although I´ve seen it too |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#64 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
|
Quote:
I saw the man on my TV, heard him sing a simply beautiful duet, and echoing what Jayd says .. "it doesn't bother me or anybody if Meat performs live or not, just sounds to me somebody nit-picking. Any promo to me is good" -apart from saying.. it doesn't bother me .. and it shouldn't bother any fans of Meat who truly love and support him whether he performs live or not .. he was there, we heard the song .. it was a few special minutes to treasure .. end of story Caryl |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#65 |
|
Invisible again!
![]() Join Date: 30.06.2003
Location:
Posts: 1,240
|
Yes it was good see him on prime time TV
more please |
|
|
|
|
|
#66 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 06.02.2006
Location:
Posts: 2,558
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#67 |
|
Loafer
![]() Join Date: 02.11.2003
Location:
Posts: 92
|
I liked the whole segment, I thought it was very stylish and not OTT but unforgettable at the same time. Although Meat is the definition of OTT, I feel it would have been out of place on this show. That song is so beautiful and emotional, and having the moody lights and the gothic-romancing dancers was a wonderful touch - for those who aren't so keen on Meat, it took enough attention off of him and put more on the song itself.
And I LOVE Meat's latest outfit, that really gorgeous jacket and shirt. I want one |
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Super Loafer
![]() Join Date: 09.04.2003
Location:
Posts: 672
|
The songs great, the promo was great unfortunetely I have now had to sit through half of Strictly Come Dancing to watch it. I feel so dirty
Regarding the miming, they probably didnt have time to set up all the instruments, tune them, run sound checks for what about 4-5 minutes of music. It's no big deal it's still promotion and gets the song more known. |
|
|
|
|
|
#69 |
|
No Day But Today
![]() Join Date: 29.05.2006
Location:
Posts: 9,089
|
I thought this performance was amazing and I think this debate over miming/lip syncing isn't fair, Meat isn't on our screens often and when he is we tear that performance apart and look for the negative! Meat looked amazing and so did Marion, can we not atleast be proud and happy than trying to tear it apart so it get's to the point where the appreiciation seems to have breathed it's last breath!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Invisible again!
![]() Join Date: 30.06.2003
Location:
Posts: 1,240
|
I totally agree
|
|
|
|
|
|
#71 | |
|
The German
![]() Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:
Posts: 15,778
|
Quote:
The bottom line is it is bad that many performances are mimed. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#72 |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 16.09.2006
Location: N. Ireland
Posts: 4,562
|
who cares really? I can't comment i had my eyes closed enjoying the music, i was floating.
Nice one Meatloaf. |
|
|
|
|
|
#73 |
|
Astrophysicist At Large
![]() Join Date: 19.04.2003
Location: Beneath his dreaming tree
Posts: 4,284
|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatyjTs-EZQ
I've kept the quality of this quite low for people with slower connections, if you want the Hi-res version i'll upload it for you. He's apparently on T4 sometime this weekend, so i'll see if i can get that too. |
|
|
|
|
|
#74 | |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 21.04.2003
Location:
Posts: 1,213
|
Quote:
I see Marion is wearing the same outfit she wore at RAH. |
|
|
|
|