Old 08 Oct 2005, 12:33   #26
Heli
Daddy's little internet junkie

She sounds desperate and bitter to me
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2005, 21:04   #27
needmoremeat
Mega Loafer

Well, I suppose after singing on a #1 song in practically every country yet you still end up doing little gigs in working mens' clubs in the north east, wouldn't you?! Not that I'm defending her or anything, just makes you wonder.................
needmoremeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 18:19   #28
Jaymze
Super Loafer

I do think it's a little unfair how Meat has made millions off the record and she's on thirty pound a week. Whoever's read his autobiography will know when the production company and his manager started to stitch him and he went bankrupt so Lorraine Crosby deserves a little sympathy, personnally I'd like to c her win
Jaymze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 21:51   #29
ChloeLee88
Super Loafer

hasnt she been knocked out now!!???
chloe
ChloeLee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 15:54   #30
stuart1234
Rookie

just joined the forum and want to put you straight
Lorraine has never been upset with Meat loaf ,the guy who wrote the article was looking to make her look bad and tried his best to take anything and everything out of context Lorraine is incredibly proud of working with Meat is still friends with him and his entire band to this day She has never appeared on GMTV so to say she said "meat got fat off the profits" is total rubbish I dont know where you got your facts from but you are way out ! She was invited by Jim Steinman to Ocean Way Recording Studios to meet the band and ended up singing the vocals as a guide.Patti Russo who is great friends with Lorraine now Hadn't even auditioned for the job at this stage so she was never even considered to sing the vocal I am appalled that you think Lorraine has as you put it Dumped on others as she is a lovely person IWDAFL is a huge part of her life and she did actually sing it I am really upset i have just seen this post and it has taken all this time to put the record straight I invite any questions any of you on this forum may have as i know Lorraine has nothing but gratitude and great respect for Meat Loaf for giving her the break of her life !
stuart1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 16:47   #31
Mega Loafer

Well put stuart!!!!
I have seen Lorraine a few times, she has an amazing voice and had nothing put praise for Meat and Patti i might add!!!
Lorraine is a lovely person who is in no way bitter etc, she is a kind hearted soul who is working hard and i cannot wait to see her again.
She is doing a show with Bonnie Tyler in November at Newcastle city hall and i for one will be there to support her!!!
Her voice is amazing, she was just unlucky and did not get the break she deserved after IWDAFL.
I wish her every success, she is way more talented than the crap that is in the charts at the minute, truth is a good voice and a wonderful personality just aren't enough for the record executives who churn out a load of shite these days!!!
Good luck Lorraine)
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:14   #32
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1234 View Post
I dont know where you got your facts from but you are way out ! !
I will answer you better in a pm if you require further explanation hun as i'm not gonna rant anymore about something so old on the board, thank you for your respectful pm btw.

my facts as said were from a dvd that i bought for my 'then' partner, she was one of the acts performing that night and was featured on the dvd, so much of my post was made from what i had seen with my own eyes, except for the newspaper article which i clearly stated was where i saw it.

I'm glad she is doing well and wish her all the best, even nice people say silly things sometimes , Meat says stupid stuff all the time, it's just human nature. I have never seen her live just what i saw on the dvd, my partner was at that show and said she didnt shine too well and i wasnt impressed with the covers she did. I do believe she was more talented than alot of people who got thru further on the x factor but i guess thats the way it goes. No disrespect meant , was just annoyed at the time with what i saw, almost 3 years ago i posted that and didnt know at the time Patti wasnt with the band when that song was done hence the question mark after patti in brackets, it was an invite for someone to correct me.

So i apologise if my post was worded innapropriatly, i hope the above helps clear it up a little more, but i have no interest in debating a post i made almost 3 yrs ago, i appreciate you only just joined and have only just seen it which is why i have responded.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:21   #33
Steingirl
Super Loafer

I think it's a shame that talents like Lorraine and Patti have never gone on to have huge solo careers. They have voices that can sing most any genre of music. The music business today just seems to favor young, generic-sounding pop voices. I guess that's why the music business is failing these days.
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:28   #34
djfierce
Mega Loafer

i agree Steingirl, the music industry today is embarrassing, i'm glad i stopped dj'ing to be a mum so i dont have to play the rubbish that is floating around these days.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:31   #35
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

so you've heard my demo then?
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:51   #36
Mega Loafer

Yea i think that as well steingirl.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:58   #37
samurai7
Rock Star

would I not be a million miles off if I wondered aloud wether or not mr Stuart1234 is in fact Mr Stuart Emerson, AKA Mr Lorraine Crosby? Or would I be barking up entirely the wrong tree?
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2008, 18:04   #38
Mega Loafer

I believe you are correct, he can give the facts from the horses mouth so to speak.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 19:45   #39
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
so you've heard my demo then?
yep, and i definatly wouldnt play you
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:18   #40
stuart1234
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7 View Post
would I not be a million miles off if I wondered aloud wether or not mr Stuart1234 is in fact Mr Stuart Emerson, AKA Mr Lorraine Crosby? Or would I be barking up entirely the wrong tree?
Yes you are right it is me i joined because of Michelle and i am very glad i did to keep you all straight there is so much rubbish said about people and they have no means to defend themselves so thanks for telling us about the forum Michelle
stuart1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:45   #41
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Welcome to the neighbourhood Lorraine
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:46   #42
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

I think it's Mr Lorraine hon
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:48   #43
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

I think it isn't LOL
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 10:49   #44
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

How come threads we post in have is it a man or a woman confusion!
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2008, 17:09   #45
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1234 View Post
Yes you are right it is me i joined because of Michelle and i am very glad i did to keep you all straight there is so much rubbish said about people and they have no means to defend themselves so thanks for telling us about the forum Michelle
You are welcome, i am looking forward to seeing you guys, your shows are awesome