PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:37   #1
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

Default Stop in the Name of Love!!

I dont often start threads on here but i'm so disgusted by some peoples actions on this forum i had to do something!! When i joined i was welcomed with open arms by a internet community that didn't judge me and if i made a faux pas i was gently told where i had gone wrong and steered down the right track!!

I know we're not allowed to bump old threads so this has been stolen from MsZee, she posted it on the 6th Dec 2006 when things were getting a bit fractious on here and it has always stayed with me Thank you Zina XXX

STOP...IN THE NAME OF LOVE!!!
OR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...

I am a relative newbie on this site...been here only about 8 months.

In these 8 months...I've found a new home, a new family and some out of this world fantastic friends. People who don't just share my love for Meat Loaf, Steinman and their art...but also people who cried with me when I was low and laughed with me when I was happy. People who supported me and held my hand. People who I have supported and held THEIR hand. Still do...

This is my special place where I can get away from the dull and sometimes harsh reality of every day life and just relax and be happy.

I've heard rumors about people splitting and leaving this site in the past. I couldn't figure out why. Now I know...

Recently...new trend has started here...bickering, mud slinging, personal attacks...ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that actually turns you off people and human society in general...

Threads started appearing that lead to nothing but ruination of love and friendship existent here. Posts that tear old friends apart and don't give new ones a chance to stick around and get to know us...and for us to get to know them. And who knows...maybe there is a new Meat Loaf or Steinman or...even GOD...among us...and we will never find it out...

Well...as the old saying goes...can we PLEASE try to get along??? We've been together for a while now...and something brings us back together...I think most of us love and respect each other to bits and pieces...and yet...we tear each other apart. It always seems that we are destructive towards the very things in life that we treasure...no exception here.

Can we all please just do following for the sake of preserving this site as our home and us - as friends:

1. If you feel that thread will cause controversy...think twice about posting it...and HOW to post it in inoffensive manner.

2. If you feel that you're getting into an argument with one other member...or if you have questions about their behavior...please take it into the PM...chances are it's just a misunderstanding and you will be able to clear it out between the two of you much better than with other people involved.

3. Infraction system has been explained time and time again. Read the thread again...understand it finally...and please move on with your lives. It is a test of a system. Software DOES NOT decide points and such...mods and admins still do. AND...there is still plenty of leeway for those who chose to respect this site and it's admins/mods.

Please...move on...nothing to see there. Posts about goldfish and such just keep this thread alive for no particular reason.

4. Before posting something negative on the thread...please think of how it will affect other people...click reply...type your post...re-read it a few times...post it if you feel it's ok...if not...go on without posting...you've already typed it...you already got it out of your system...it's a done deal...

5. Please...try not to go on and on and on on the same subject. Expressing your opinion once is enough...we got your point...thank you for posting. Unless there is something new to say...please don't say it...or say it in PM to whoever you think should hear it again.

Alright...these are just my thoughts of how to keep this forum going and for us to remain friends if not forever...then for a very very long time...

Please feel free to express here your thoughts and ideas of how to keep our friendships intact and keep ourselves from murdering each other.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU!!!
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:52   #2
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Almost worthy of being stickied
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:59   #3
RadioMaster
The German

Default my 2 cents

alright, if we're being totally honest here and post what's bugging us about the forum lately, please let me express my opinion as well. It's not entirely the same subject as the post above, but it serves the same purpose:

While it might be that there's a bit of harsh and unfriendly behaviour lately, I honestly have to say it is not a big deal for me. But that's only because of my personal opinions and feelings. As for me, I'll respect that and will try to watch my behaviour a bit more carefully from now on. It's just that you get carried away sometimes...

But the point that bugs me is a completely different one:
It's a great thing that Meat Loaf is twittering and posting his video updates. But especially since he started posting again, the forum is spammed with suck-up-posts again. While he was away this was a place to discuss, but already in the first day of his return, it's hard to follow the actual discussion if it is interrupted by countless 'thank you for posting Meat' posts.
Spamming is a bad thing isnt it? I dont understand why it is tolerated in this case.
It was the same when he posted a few years ago.
It stopped when he left.
And now it's starting again.
If you feel the urge to thank Meat for something, then please pm him.
If one person posts such a thank you it's no big deal, but it get's very quickly out of hand. Suddenly there are posts from people who I havent seen posting in years, and probably wont see again until the next Fire Ball post appears.
And I can assure everyone that I'm by far not the only one who thinks this.

I'm sorry that this is not exactly what this thread is about, but I thought it was a good oprtunity to get this posted. And honestly, it bugs me at least as much as someone making a few jokes that get out of control.

I hope this will lead to a constructive discussion and not turn into a slagging match.
RJ
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:06   #4
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
strongly agree here.
have been waiting for reaction like this thread.
please, let the people have their opinions, habits and ticks like it used to be

even when i dont post here - i read, so i know what im talking about
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:12   #5
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCat View Post

I know we're not allowed to bump old threads
ooohhh right
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:14   #6
Bubbles
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
It's just that you get carried away sometimes...

RJ
but what if several people get carried away at the same time and no one of these several people calls the others to reason...?

i think this is what happenend in the last months. people sometimes have a weird sense of humor that includes making fun of everything and everybody.

i guess that border where making fun isnt funny anymore has well, decreased. you guys got carried away, because ,as samcat said, when i joined the forum nobody kept ridiculing someone in the shoutbox for days.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:19   #7
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default Stop in the name of love

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for giving me another chance and i hope you will help me stay on the right tracks this time from lisa01
lisa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:20   #8
Devil's Son
always behind you

well, i always made good experinces here. always felt welcome and had a good time with friends and believe me there are more unfriendly places in the www.
they want to thank meaty, let them thank him as long it happens in a respectful and sometimes humerous way.
respect and acceptance is the key - to me.
Devil's Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:22   #9
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

I absolutely agree and think this should be stickied !

Lisa it's nice to see you posting, I think it's the way you went about things when you had just joined that riled people up the wrong way but that's not to say that you should of been treated like you have been from some members on here, I'm just really glad that it has not put you off and that you are still keen to be part of the community here .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:28   #10
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

I'd prefer to see personal battles be just that...personal and taken into pm and let the two, three or half a dozen people thrash it out amongst themselves over who knows the most about pointless information...

i was going to say more but I can't be ar$ed... definitely a lack of fun in here recently
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:35   #11
Betty
˙·٠•● ♫ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♪ ●•٠·˙

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
definitely a lack of fun in here recently
couldnt agree more!!
I log in here, am happy to see a few new vids and infos from Meat and the next second I´m completely pissed off by some peoples stupid, childish and insulting behaviour...
Most of the time recently I´m even angry with myself of actually having logged in
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:38   #12
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

I've been here for years...not posting much but here everyday reading what's going on...talking to people in PMs...I know that I stopped a while ago cause I got tired of being ripped apart on everything that I said...someone once didn't like what my signature said and asked me in a PM to change it...not a problem...didn't mean to offend this person so I did...I'm not a kiss ass but love seeing Meat back on here posting and trying to have fun...just what we all need...FUN...want to fight, take it to the chatroom and/or PM...there are people on here that I really don't care for, don't agree with what they say and I just move on...others should be doing that as well...we aren't perfect and we all need help...hold out your hand in friendship...not a fist to fight...
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2009, 23:40   #13
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

well i'm guilty of takin the piss on many issues (including this)... but kudos to emma for making a stand and saying something...
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2009, 00:47   #14
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

I agree with all thats been said, EVERYONE behave yourselves or you'll get a good spanking
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2009, 01:01   #15
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
I agree with all thats been said, EVERYONE behave yourselves or you'll get a good spanking
I dont think we have to worry about EVERYONE behaving themselves its just the odd 1 or 2 people that although they are adults think they can come on here and act like school yard bullies and then put their hands up and say "No offence" or "I didn't mean you"
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2009, 02:58   #16
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Yeah, people should say who they mean if they're going to direct a post at someone instead of the 'I didn't mean you' comment.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 12:37   #17
SW31
in my coup de vil waiting for pardise by the dashboard light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
agreed

definitely a lack of fun in here recently[/QUOTE]

thats true ;;(bring back sunday night chat)
SW31 is offline   Reply With Quote